Saturday 20 February 2016

Dark Societies Pierce Brown Event

Saturday 20th February 2016

This event took place at the Waterstones store in Piccadilly in London. The first part of the event was Pierce Brown answering questions from the event host and the questions were mainly about the novels, how he came up with ideas, how he created the swear words, etc. At one point he asked the audience if anyone had carrot cake which he could have. He also spoke a lot about Star Wars, Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings when answering some of his questions.


The next part of the event was the Q&A session. Fans asked questions about how long publishing took, which characters he enjoyed writing about, if he knew what would happen to characters before he started writing, how he chose who was going to die, etc. Fans also asked questions about how hard it was to write the screen play for the movie of Red Rising. Pierce also told us a funny story about a fan sending him a video of this fan as a Howler in the woods. That was a really funny story.

Lastly, was the signing and photo session. I was 5th in line to meet Pierce Brown so I didn't have to wait that long to meet him after the Q&A session. The first thing he said to me was that he loved my Star Wars top and then he asked what my name was. Whilst he was signing my novels he asked who my favourite characters were to which I replied 'Sevro and Pax'. From this answer he asked if I would be one of Sevro's Howlers which I replied no. He said I would make a good Red though as I can help people. He also said one of his friend's was mad for thinking that Pierce could be a Gold, Pierce would hate to be a Gold. After I got a photo with him he said he loved my Batman phone case. He was the loveliest author I've ever met. However, I have only met Pierce Brown and Becca Fitzpatrick. I can't wait to read Golden Son soon and get a copy of Morning Star to finish my trilogy. 




2 comments:

  1. What a neat event! He seems so charming and had such great questions! You look fab, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post! I'm glad you had a good time! :D

    ReplyDelete