Tuesday 5 May 2020

Author Recommendations- Elizabeth Corr

Elizabeth Corr
The Witch's Kiss Trilogy, A Throne of Swans
SPINE-Katharine & Elizabeth Corr on Finishing the The Witch's Kiss ...

I second everything Kate has recommended, although with Terry Pratchett my favourites are the ones featuring Granny WeatherWax, particularly 'Lords and Ladies' and 'Equal Rights'. Granny WeatherWax is one of the finest examples of a witch in literature that I can think of (grumpy yet wickedly fun and incredibly powerful too).
Granny Weatherwax's Cottage | Terry Pratchett's Discworld | Blog


I'd also recommend Holy Black's 'The Cruel Prince' YA series as the world building is excellent.
The Cruel Prince and The Wicked King by Holly Black : All About ...


Also 'The Dark Is Rising' Series (which is five books and middle grade). The Dark is Rising is loosely based on Authurian legend. Susan Cooper's writing is absolutely phenomenal, as is her world building. It remains my favourite series and is the reason I wanted to be an author in the first place.
The Dark is Rising Pack x 5 - Scholastic Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment