Sunday 12 June 2011

The Musician's Daughter

The Musician's Daughter by Susanne Dunlap

Published- December 23rd 2008
Publisher- Bloomsbury USA Children's Books

Pages- 352 pages (Paperback)

 
This book definitely gets 5 stars from me as I was just wanted to carry on reading every time I opened the book. It was filled with intrigue, corruption, murder and danger. You were always hoping that nothing bad would happen to Rezia (the main character). The intrigue came when you just had to know what happened to Rezia's father and how high members of society were involved in this and other horrible crimes. 

The writing was constant throughout the whole novel and it flowed at a really good pace. It was quick to read as the chapters were quite short and the text is medium sized. The characters were really good and I enjoyed reading the novel to find out what happened to Rezia, Mirela, Zoltan and Alida. The ending tied the whole story together and you found out what Rezia had planned for her future and whether her mother gave birth to her baby. If this book had more chapters I could have kept reading to discover what future adventures Rezia and Mirela had together. 

I really enjoy Susanne Dunlaps writing from what I have read in this novel. So I cannot wait to read 'In The Shadow Of The Lamp' (ARC), 'Anastacia's Secret' and any other novels released by Susanne Dunlap.

                              Rating  5/5
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment