Sunday 12 June 2011

Perfect Chemistry

Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

Published- January 1st 2011
Publisher- Walker Books for Young Readers
Pages- 360 pages (Paperback)

I have never actually read a romance novel before and in my opinion this was an amazing book. That is why I was taking my time reading it as I just wanted the story to go on and on. It tells the romance story between Alex Fuentes and Brittany Ellis. The story starts from them knowing/hating each other at school going right through into the future and what happens to them both.

There are lots of trials and tribulations thoughout this whole story which keep you gripped until the very last page. Everyone at school thinks Brittany is perfect, but in her world she is far from perfect. Whereas, everyone at school see Alex as a hardman gangster, but is there more to him than first meets the eye. Only reading this story will tell you the answer to that. Both Brittany and Alex's lives are changed forever when they are partnered up in chemistry class.

I think Brittany is a brilliant main female character as she starts off the perfect innocent girl and when partnered with Alex in chemistry becomes a teenage rebel. Whereas, Alex is a brilliant/irresistible main male character as he starts off the hardman gang member and becomes the guy who would do anything for the girl he loves. Without giving too much plotline away this is the perfect romance story which everyone needs to read.

Overall, this has the perfect couple going through situations lots of couples go through. Alex is an irresistible guy who I think every girl who reads this novel will fall in love with. Alex is perfect who would protect his girl from his world of gang violence. My rating for this book is definitely 5 out of 5 stars. I can't wait to read the 2nd book in this series which is Rules of Attraction. Rules of Attraction focuses on Alex's younger brother Carlos. Everyone pick yourselves up a copy of this novel and have a read as I'm sure you will all love it as much as I did.

                             Rating 5/5
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your review!!
    I LOVED this book!!
    I was not impressed though that the books following it weren't continuations of their story, but instead of the brothers.
    I do like though that Alex and Brittany were at least included...

    ReplyDelete